Pages

Tuesday 25 September 2018

Reading: Current Events | National and International Articles

This week for reading, our task has been based around current events. We would have to look through different New Zealand news sites to find both one National article, and one international. Next we would read through them from top to bottom, and use a given template to fill out a heap of questions. This includes the 5 W's and the H (Who, what, when, where, why, and how), two different sides of the issue with your opinion, and a few author and I questions. The national article that I chose to read was about needles found in strawberries. The reason as to why I chose this story was because I already had a bit of knowledge about this topic, and wanted to learn more. My international article that I chose to read was about the near extinction of koala's, as it is said that they could be extinct by 2050. I chose to read this story, because it was really surprising once I had read the title, and I wanted to get more information about the topic. This wasn't to challenging of an activity, although there were a few things that would put me on a hold. I had a lot of fun doing this, and I hope that next time, we can use this information to write an article of our own.



No comments:

Post a Comment