Pages

Tuesday 7 November 2017

Maths: Wheel Decide Chances

L.I: to learn about probability using the number of chances

This week for maths, we learnt about chances. So the perfect way to show a demonstration about chances was to use wheeldecide.com. Wheel Decide is a small spinner that chooses for you. You simply add in a list of items, or names, and then apply the changes, click the spinner, and it will spin for five seconds. After the five seconds it will land on one of the options that you added. All together, we had to create 3 spinners. The first needed one of the options to have a 1 in 5 chance of being chosen. The second needed one to have a 1 in 10 chance of being chosen, and the third was your choice, but there had to be one or more written down 2 or more times. For my first wheel, I had 5 games written down. They were Mirror's Edge, Call Of Duty, Far Cry 4, Assassins Creed, and Minecraft. They all had a one in five chance of being chosen, but for my first spin, the wheel chose Mirror's Edge. For my second wheel, I had 10 colours written down, they were blue, red, yellow, orange, green, indigo, pink, purple, violet, and maroon. They all had a one in ten chance of being chosen, but for the first time I span the wheel, it chose blue. For the third and final wheel, I had written down 5 bits of furniture. They were chair, table, stool, beanbag, and couch. The one that I repeated was beanbag, and I had repeated it once, so there was a 1 in five chance of each one being chosen, besides beanbag which had a 2 in 5 chance. The first time I had spun this wheel, it chose couch.

First Spinner:

 Second Spinner:


Third Spinner:

1 comment:

  1. Greetings Jack!
    I like how you even linked the website in, the wheels are really cool as well. When I spun them I got for the third: stool, second: red and for the first I got Minecraft. I have some questions though, how long did it take for you to think of this variety of choices? Also, how many of the listed games have you played?
    Great job on completing this must do!

    ReplyDelete