Pages

Thursday 7 June 2018

CARE Awards - Silver: Attitude | Represent The School At An Outside Function

For my first challenge for my Silver Attitude CARE Award, I noticed a blogpost I could create as a part of my challenges. Represent the school at an outside function. I found this one quite challenging, as I couldn't think of anything I could do for this. Although after a bit of thinking, I remembered just one thing I could do. The Someday Workshop that I had taken part in. I have already done a blogpost for this Here, although with this blogpost, I will add a bit more detail. As I got across in the previous post about this, I missed school because of this, and visited Mount Smart Stadium to make a movie. I was the only one from Panmure Bridge School doing this, and this was also my first time doing it, so I wasn't the most confident person there. It started off by testing our imagination. Everyone participating would grab a cardboard card from off the floor, and explain to everyone else why they chose that specific card. Maybe the colours, the name, but most importantly, what ideas you could come up with the card. The card I had chosen was asking for help. I had chosen this card from the first thing that popped into my head when seeing it. Now I knew that after all of this prepping up, that we would begin filming with a group, so I instantly came up with a movie idea. I thought of a young child, with dyslexia. He would struggle with learning, and never fit in. That he would get help by someone, allowing him to face his fears, and appreciate who he is. I thought this would be a good, but complex idea. Although to my surprise, it was the idea my group went with. We then spent the rest of the day (2 and a half hours) filming it, and having at least an hour to edit it. The time was set, and so we began. We started by getting our equipment. In the end we used my camera as a secondary view, another persons camera as the main camera, and a microphone for the voicing over I would do. Next came our roles, Faith and Miranda as the camera operators, Faith also as the editor, Lucy as a main character, and finally me, as Sam, the dyslexic kid. We all had a lot of fun working on this movie together, and getting to know each other. With every scene came a series of laughter, joy, and getting along. Although after hours of movie making, we were done. It then came to screening the movies. It started with a movie about a kid who got bullied, followed by a movie about a kid who never ate his fruit, and finally, our movie came. We were glad that best was saved for last. As much as we enjoyed our movie, the other movies were enjoyable to watch just as much. This was an amazing opportunity that I was given, and I hope to do something like this again.

Outlook For Someday Website: Here
Image result for outlook for someday logo

No comments:

Post a Comment