Pages

Friday 25 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey: Day 1 : Week 2 | Activity 3

Today I completed the third activity to day 1 of week 2 for the Summer Learning Journey. For this activity, we had to find out whether 5 given fish facts were true or false by using our smart searching skills that we have learnt in class. This challenge was fairly easy, although the hardest fact to answer had to be fact 4.

Fish Fact #1: The oldest known fish in the world is a 65 year old Australian lungfish. FALSE
Fish Fact #2: Sharks are the only fish that have eyelids. FALSE
Fish Fact #3: Starfish are a type of fish. FALSE
Fish Fact #4: Fish communicate with each other by making low-pitched sounds (moans, hisses, etc) TRUE
Fish Fact #5: Fish usually swim together in groups called ‘classes.’ TRUE

2 comments:

  1. Greetings Jack,
    Well done for completing another task on the Summer Learning Journey. I hope you enjoyed your summer break. I really enjoyed reading your blog posts. I really like how you have put the TRUE & FALSE in Bold. I also like how you have written what you have learned inside your blurb. Next time you should add a picture with an attribute underneath your photo.

    What was your favorite fact?

    Joshua

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jack!

    Great work with this activity! I like that you have clearly labelled the answer in capital letters, it makes it very easy to find your answer :)
    I think that some of your answers might need some double checking though... :)

    I think it's pretty amazing that we have only (apparently) explored about 5% of the ocean floor ...that's a lot of ocean floor left over, there might be some amazing sea beasts we don't even know about!!

    Do you have a favourite sea animal Jack?
    I think mine is turtles - I got to swim around a lot of turtles when I was overseas and I thought they were so cool! They look really graceful when they are swimming through the water.

    Great job with finding the facts Jack!

    Nga Mihi,
    Ellee :)

    ReplyDelete