Pages

Wednesday 20 November 2019

Writing: Personification

Today for writing, our we revisited personification. Personification is giving human attributes to non human things. For our challenge we needed to get into pairs, and together write a story full of personification. Although there was a catch. Our story had to be about the life of a shoe, and include the 5 senses. Although it doesn't end there. With our partner we needed to sit back to back and not say a word to each other. We would each take turns writing a sentence. For this activity I worked with Julian and we enjoyed writing our story, and are happy with the outcome.

As my owner grabbed me, he stuck his stinky feet inside my mouth. It was just a normal day, so I was used to it. But then I overheard my owner saying he wants better looking shoes! When I heard that it felt like my soul was ripped out, oh wait he just shifted it around as it was uncomfortable. This was bad, I knew what had happened to unwanted shoes, I felt devastated. The next day we went to Footlocker the place he got me, and I feared for my life. He forcefully opened the door, I was scared, what would he do with me? He walked out with these fresh, never touched, elegant Nike's, I was being replaced by a model! Then he took me and my brother off of his feet and put on his new shoes, and tied us together. We felt betrayed. He swung us around and around and, BLAST!!! Stuck on a power line. As we dangled from the power line, tears fell from our laces as we stayed there waiting for our owner. The tears landed on his shoulder and he looked up at us, could it be? He thought about it and said, “Looks like it’s gonna rain” and ran off.

No comments:

Post a Comment