Pages

Wednesday 11 September 2019

Writing: 5 - 7 - 10 | My Favourite Cultural Celebration

Today for writing, our challenge was to write a 5 - 7 - 10 story based on our favourite cultural celebration. 5 - 7 - 10 is a writing challenge were you write as much as can for 5 minutes, talk to a friend for 7 minutes, and finish off in 10 minutes. For my story, I chose to write about Christmas. You can read the text I wrote below to see the points I go over, and a few extra details.

5 - 7 - 10 | My Favourite Cultural Celebration (Christmas)

Let me tell you about my favourite cultural celebration, Christmas. Christmas is a well respected holiday between my brother Latham and I. This is because on Christmas Eve, we can barely sleep!

My average Christmas starts off by waking up, and running to my brother’s room. I would ask for the time, and if it was at least 6:00 AM we could get ready. Then we would go to our parent’s room, ask if we could open presents, rush to the table, grab our Christmas sacks, run back to our parent’s room, and let the fun begin. In our family, presents were not wrapped. Instead we could grab anything from our Christmas sacks, and put it in a pile. We would then usually hear, “Aww yes!” or “Oh uh, thank you!” Then we would hug our parents, and thank them for the presents they got us.

Although that’s only the beginning. The next step for Christmas consists of us getting dressed, and getting ready overall. This is because later in the day we will be going to my grandma and grandpa’s house in Pakuranga, Auckland, along with everyone else in the family. Once we say hello to everyone, we would usually tell our cousins what we got. We would all hang out for a little while, until my grandma would bring out the food. This is usually buns, with chicken or ham and a plate of vegetables. Along with a few snacks, and hot cross buns.

After my dad eats all of the food like a garbage disposal, my cousins, my brother and I usually get a soccer ball, and play for a while. This then brings our day to an end. Christmas is my favourite cultural celebration, as I love spending time with my family, but most importantly I like it for the presents. This year, the date for Christmas is the 25 of December, 2019, and I cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment