Pages

Tuesday 21 May 2019

Reading: Reading Response

This term for reading we have been reading a range of different texts that all link to space. Our challenge was to use the information that we read in our texts, and to go through a range of challenges and responses to the text. This would involve giving feedback, and giving facts. Although there was a catch, in order to do a task, you must write a comment on someone's response who did the same activity. Within our comment, we should add feedback, and a question. This means if they replied to the comment, and answered our question, we could start a dialogic conversation where we could talk to each other giving feedback, and receiving feedback. So far, my favourite part of the different types of challenges has to be the creating section. This being as I enjoy using my own ideas to create and share with my peers and other people all around the world on my blog. Each week, we have been reading a new story, and completing 6 overall activities. 1 Remembering task, 1 Understanding task, 1 Applying task, 1 Analysing task, 1 Evaluating task, and 1 Creating task. My favourite activity that I did was creating an animation, because it is something that I already enjoy doing, and I liked the challenge of creating a whole animation in the time frame I had. I have linked the animation if you would like to watch it. My animation shows the difference between cartoon rockets, (And how they launch) and real rockets (And how they launch). Overall I have really enjoyed the last few weeks of reading, and I am happy to revisit the challenge again.


8 comments:

  1. Thank you Jack for dropping into the Auckland #2DFI this morning...it was really appreciated.
    I hope that you to learnt something in the time you were with the cohort as well as leading the learning about animation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Jack
    Thank you so much for coming to the MET offices today to share your expert knowledge with the group of teachers in the room. We were very impressed with what you are able to use technology for and how you could explain so clearly the steps we need to take to use these tools. This animation is fantastic and has inspired many of us to be a lot more creative.

    I love that 500 Blog Posts badge too.

    Mrs Burt
    Manaiakalani

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic job you did sharing your knowledge and skills today with the Auckland #2 DFI group. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia ora Jack,
    Thank you so much for coming to share your expertise with us at the Digital Fluency Intensive today. I really enjoyed sitting with you and learning how you make your incredible animations! You've inspired me to up my game and make mine a lot more detailed. The small tips and tricks you showed me are going to make a huge difference! Please keep sharing the animations and drawings you create on your blog so I can see what you create! What's your next project going to be?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed watching your rocket animation. Interestingly, I could not tell the difference between the cartoon rocket and the real rocket because both were drawn exceptionally well. Do you think we will be able to travel in rockets like air passengers do in planes in the near future?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jack it was a real pleasure watching you deliver a very mature and professional presentation on Friday, during our Digital Fluency session. you clearly have a passion for animation and as Head boy of your school set a very fine example for others to follow. IF you generate such an amazing outcome in just 4 1/2 hours over 3 days, I think it's safe to say you have all the skills shortcuts weighed off. Very well done.
    Mr, D.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kia ora Jack, I am working as a facilitator in schools in Gisborne. I am about to teach animation to learners in Learning Hub 6 at Gisborne Intermediate. I am using your animation as an example as it is impressive in the details and realism. Learners in this class are just starting their animation learning.
    Mrs Krausse

    ReplyDelete