Pages

Friday 16 June 2017

Reading: 10 Words That I Don't Know | The Definition Of 5

L.I: to interact and comprehend a range of narrative texts

This week for reading, we read from chapters 4-9 of Danny The Champion Of The World, and had to do another activity about the chapters you read. This week I chose to do the activity about what words I don't know the meaning of, and the meaning of 5 of them. I listed the words into groups of what words I don't know, and what words I would like to find out.

Words In The Story That I DON'T Know

  1. Paraffin

  1. Murmured

  1. Dwelt

  1. Tremendous

  1. Longing
  1. Peppered
  1. Buckshot
  1. Estate
  1. Inflamed
  1.  Superior

Meaning Of 5

  1. Dwelt - Definition: Live in or at a specified place.
  2. Murmured - Definition: Quietly spoken / whispered
  3. Tremendous - Definition: Extraordinarily big / huge
  4. Superior - Definition: Higher in station, rank, degree, importance, etc
  5. Estate - Definition: A property or possessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment